Linear Seam (LS)
v For heavy section welding the LS is available in an O-Frame configuration for increased rigidity and force requirements.
v The LS is not limited to welding narrow extrusions to create large panels. With an extended throat wide plates can be welded to create larger panels such as aluminum or steel ship cladding.
v LS Series basic configuration.
• X-Axis – Expandable fixed table, moving C-frame dual pinion driven, servo actuated, on precision ground rails.
• Y-Axis – Trans versing spindle carriage, ball screw driven, servo actuated, on precision ground rails.
• Z-Axis – Forging bridge, ball screw driven, servo actuated on precision ground rails.
• Tilt (B-Axis) – spindle rotation about Y-Axis, servo driven ball screw or manually actuated on precision pivot pins.
v Available with a secondary lower weld head for simultaneous welding from top and bottom, beneficial for hollow web section extrusions containing two weld joints opposite each other.
v Lower head is self contained having it's own three axis drives.
• U-Axis- servo drive rack and pinion riding on precision rails. Stroke matches X-Axis stoke of main machine.
• V-Axis- servo driven ball screw riding on precision linear rails.
• W-Axis- servo driven ballscrew riding on precision linear rails.