Gimbaled Gantry Machine (GG)
v The GG Series FSW machines are the most versatile heavy section Friction Stir Welders on the market. Capable of welding complex contours with agility only surpassed by a robot, but with power, precision and rigidity far superior to any robot.
v These machines have been adopted by the high speed rail system manufacturers as the ultimate solution to welding complex train bodies on a massive scale.
v Not limited to the rail industry, these machines are also used by institutes of higher education and advanced material process research labs spanning the globe.
v Available in a fixed table or largely expandable rail version
v GG Series basic configuration.
• X-Axis – Fixed table Moving Gantry, ball screw driven, servo actuated, on precision ground rails.
• X-Axis - Rail Mounted Moving Gantry, quad pinion driven, servo actuated, on precision ground rails.
• Y-Axis – Trans versing spindle carriage, ball screw driven, servo actuated, on precision ground rails.
• Z-Axis – Forging bridge, dual ball screw driven, servo actuated on precision ground rails.
• Tilt – Gimbal, belt driven servo or manually actuated, on precision pivot joints.